Posted by Jen Min Tan on 27th Oct 2020
Everywhere you turn these days you will find some one using essential oils. And why not? They are an amazing natural alternative to use for a variety of things. In the previous post we discussed about the benefits of using a nebulizer diffuser for essential oils, but if you are new to them you may be wondering if there are simple and economical ways of using essential oils. Here we will talk about 3 simple ways you can use essential oils without any equipment.
1. Steam Inhalation
One of the simplest way to use essential oils is steam inhalation. All you need is 4 to 6 drops of your favourite pure essential oils to a bowl of steaming water , cover your head with a large towel, close your eyes, put your head above the water and inhale deeply for maximum of 2 mins at a time. Repeat as needed.
This is another popular way of incorporating essential oils in our daily routine, by using homemade essential oil sprays. Sprays are a simple and fun fun way to incorporate essential oils into your routine. If you make them in advance they will be readily available when you need them. You may want to use filtered water or distilled water to prevent contamination or spoilage of essential oil sprays from impurities found in tap water. Alternatively you can boil tap water let it cool and then use that water for your sprays. In some recipes you may prefer to use witch hazel instead of water. Like facial toners, hand sanitizers, cleaning sprays etc. Add 10 to 20 drops of essential oils of choice (or pick one from our range of pre blend essential oils) to 50ml of water or witch hazel. Shake well before use.
If you have carrier oils on hand like jojoba, sweet almond, grape seed or apricot kernel oil you could use them to blend with you essential oils and apply them tropically. (take note it is not advisable to apply pure essential oils directly onto skin) But if you want a hassle free way to enjoy the essential oils blends, our online store offers one of our best selling items. 6 different blends of roll ons to meet your different needs. A great idea to use them now is to apply a small amount on your face masks, so you can get the subtle scent throughout the day, or simply apply the roll on on your pulse points, chest area and the bottom of your feet.
- Easy Breathe Roll On is a soothing combination of essential oils to help relieve chest congestion, flu and cold. This is a good alternative for those who prefer a natural approach to ease the symptoms for mild issues. Just roll on a small amount under your nose and chest area and inhale deeply. Apply when needed. The blend contains organic jojoba oil, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Frankincense, French Lavender essential oils.
- Feel Relax Roll On helps to relieve your anxiety and stress throughout the day. Be it dealing with work, family or personal stress just roll on some Feel Relax when you need a little calmness to level out your stress. This beautiful blend will add a bit of Zen when you need them. Apply a small amount on your pulse points and inhale deeply. The blend contains organic jojoba oil, French Lavender, Geranium, Sweet Orange and Frankincense essential oils.
- Headache Relief Roll On is exactly what it sounds like, to help relieve minor headaches. The trick is try to apply the blend on your temples and at the back of your neck when you feel the onset of a headache coming on. It will help to relieve the tension faster when the symptom is still mild and will help to prevent or slow down the full blown headache. The blend contains organic jojoba oil, Peppermint, French Lavender, Sweet Marjoram and Grapefruit essential oils.
- Insect Bites Roll On helps to relieve the irritation caused by insect bites and speed up the recovery. Besides what the name suggests this is an effective remedy for pimples and light rash caused by skin sensitivities, it can help sooth the inflammation and irritation of the sensitive area. Just apply onto the affected area when needed. This blend can be safely used on young kids. The blend contains organic jojoba oil, French Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils.
- Sweet Dream Roll On like what the name suggests is to help you achieve a good night of rest. It aids in preparing your mind to calm down and get a restful sleep. Roll on the oil on your pulse points inhale deeply and enjoy the therapeutic effect, you can also apply some on the bottom of your feet to enjoy the benefits. The blend contains organic jojoba oil, Organic Lavender, Organic Chamomile, Organic Orange and Petitgrain essential oils.
- Muscle Relief Roll On is for when you lose track of time and developed muscle tensions sitting in front of your computer or TV too long. Basically this invigorating blend will help relieve some of your aches and pain when you have tight muscles which you might have overused or underused. Apply on the tight muscles where you feel the discomfort and gently massage the oil in. The blend contains organic jojoba oil, Kunzea, Lemongrass and Peppermint essential oil.
All About SunscreenAmidst all the supplements and fancy serums, don't forget the most essential protection for your skin; Sunscreen! Sunny days are perfect for getting active outdoors, but the sun's rays can badly damage your skin, especially when you are exposed to them in more ways than you expect each day. When you are not [...]
How To Use Essential OilsEssential Oils are highly concentrated natural extracts from the leaves, flowers and stems of plants. The most common way to use essential oils is to inhale them, both for their amazing scent and therapeutic properties. But they can be used in nebulizer diffusers and humidifiers, as well as diluted with a [...]
What Are Reed Diffusers And How They Work?Reed diffusers are a great way to add constant fragrance to your home. They are extremely popular in home fragrance right now! The diffuser reeds soak up the fragrance oil and dispense the scent into the air. They last untill all the fragrance oil evaporates. Unlike candles, reed [...]
Think about how much time you spend on skin care for your face. Now think about how much time you spend on your hands. Your hands and nails need the same amount of love you regularly give on your hands. Your hands also endure sun exposure, stress and dirt as you constantly use them everyday. [...]
Medical experts have confirmed that wearing a face mask while stepping out of the home is one of the effective ways to keep oneself safe from the Coronavirus and curb its spread. Wearing a mask out in public hasn't posed any real problems for most people, aside from mild annoyance. But for those with sensitive [...]
What Are Carrier Oils?Carrier oils and essential oils are made from plants. Carrier oils are used to dilute essential oils and "carry" them to your skin. That is because essential oils are potent and can cause irritation when applied directly to your skin. Carrier oils are mainly oils extracted from the nuts, seeds or kernels [...]
DIY Natural Mosquito Repellent Using Essential OilMosquitoes are such a pain in our lives. These pesky little flying insects are the bane of our tropical climate and they are entirely too persistent for our own good. With the number of new dengue cases in Singapore reaching a record hgh this year, it is crucial to [...]
Cellulite is the dimpled looking skin that commonly occurs in the thigh region. It can also appears in other parts of the body, like arms and tummy. It forms when fatty tissue deep in the skin pushes up against connective tissue. Cellulite really makes no exceptions, pretty much all women have some cellulite even thin ones. In terms of [...]
You may wonder what is so special about Natural Sea Sponges compared to artificial sponges. In this blog we will give a brief introduction to what is a natural sea sponge and what are their benefits and uses.What Is a Sea SpongeNatural Sea Sponges are some of the simplest multicellular organisms alive. Sea sponges are referred to as "filter [...]